At Matkin Hoover Engineering & Surveying our Construction Managers develop solid professional working relationships with the Contractors’ personnel, governing agency/ owner and work cooperatively as members of the project delivery team to ensure project success. They supervise all aspects of a project during the initial setup including: bidding, contract buyout, scheduling, phasing, cost estimating and provide supervision and management during the construction phase. Our team has qualified Project Managers, Quality Control Managers and Superintendents which keep a project on-time and on budget.
The Construction Management Team at MHES utilizes the resources of the Civil Engineering and Surveying Divisions to identify and mitigate potential issues before they can become actual problems, which may adversely affect project costs and schedule. Our Quality Control Managers prepare daily progress reports to include all factual information associated with the work activities and job site conditions for the day, such as weather conditions, site conditions, equipment in use and idle, personnel on site, hours worked, materials used, changes, potential changes, unusual occurrences, etc. Our Construction Managers track project progress through weekly owner and subcontractor meetings, schedule updates, inspections, and site photographs as dictated by the work to document actual field conditions and activities. We maintain a current set of as-built record drawings; review the General Contractors’ pay requisitions for accuracy and verify actual work completed; and ensure that all daily reports, test results, and all other reports, records, and documentation are maintained in a complete and orderly manner. Our team is proficient with federal project tracking software programs such as QCS, Primavera P6, and other pertinent applications.
MHES utilizes the resources of the Civil Engineering and Surveying Divisions to identify and mitigate potential issues before they can become actual problems.
- Interact with owners, supervisory personnel, contractors and other construction personnel to maintain open lines of communication
- Discuss and resolve controversial matters related to the construction progress
- Plan, organize and direct activities related to construction quality, timing and maintenance of the project
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time
- Inspect and review the project to maintain compliance with building and safety codes
- Review drawings and plans for preventive maintenance
- Site validation to maintain satisfactory progress on the job site
- Direct personnel to obtain all permits and licenses in a timely manner